tiistai 4. syyskuuta 2012

Mustaine = Mother Teresa?

4.9.

I was checking Megadeth's Peace Sells 25th Anniversary Box set http://www.megadeth.com/pr/PeaceSells25th.html and stumbled across a review. These guys seemed to be all but falling on their knees in front of the box set - yeah, great music is the best thing in this grim, shitty world. And I agree, I like Megadeth and I like Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? though my favourite is still Killing is My Business (Hot damn what intensity it has even if the production is hideous) and Rust in Peace (Holy Wars, Tornado of Souls, even Poison was the Cure... Lucretia yada yada yada) Well... as you see, good music makes you doa and write useless, crazy stuff (Remember the Frank Zappa quote, anyone?) :)


Good shit sells... But Who's Buying (it for me at Christmas??)

Well, anyways, because of some anti-government critique (which, I must admit, Mustaine manages to pull off with humour and, one might even say, wit) one of the reviewers wrote that Mustaine would give up all his riches, bitches and fame if it made anyone happier... Well, yes, I would appreciate all your money, so send them to me asap, Davy-boy...:P Yeah, well, I can kind of see the point of this statement, but seriously, I doubt Mustaine is a samaritan of any kind.


"Holy Jesus!" "No, no, you idiots. It's Holy Wars!"
If he wanted to help people (if any of us did, really) we could give all our money right now to Red Cross or Amnesty or The Lost Kangaroos foundation. But we don't. Because we think it's stupid. We wanna own stuff, because owning stuff (we think) makes us more happy. More good stuff we have, the higher status we have. And really, all this shit just ties us down.
Well... Yeah, it's a cheap shot.

Dave Mustaine is a brilliant player (or... was at least on his heyday) and makes mean songs and albums (or... did at least before he took a RISK), but he sure as hell didn't start making his music to change the world. He wanted money... and fame... and hot women... and "refreshments"... in-vein, preferably. Do not confuse a great player and a great humanitarian. It really seems that the more fame you have, the better person you are considered to be. Well, in that case Sharon Osbourne, Gene Simmons and Paris Hilton truly seem to be the ultimate examples of perfection? Really? Are you serious? I say f*ck the famous, let's eat the rich! I enjoy Mustaine's skills, but otherwise, as a human being, I have much more respect and admiration to the wonderful people around me. Don't get me wrong, Mustaine (or any other rich, poor bastard) can be a swell guy and I wish you all the luck in the world. But money and admiration tends to make people self-centered, ignorant and unhappy. We lay people (no, not a sexual innuendo) will probably more easily find a real balance in our lives:) And you can't buy that with money... Though I'm still kinda drooling for that cool-looking Peace Sells 25th Anniversary Box set.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti